My demo characters are Beta Fireshadow, a human thief, and Beta Crisium, a charr ranger.
The demo weekend has been quite enjoyable so far, lots to do without feeling overwhelmed and lots of fun with random players.
Looks like my first 2-3 videos will be about Raptor mounts and the rest will cover different things I found of interest, some general play and some group events. I’m trying to avoid revealing plot spoilers as much as possible.
And apparently so did I.
I’ve been terribly neglectful of this blog due to real life (work, school, et al) but I’m going to make an effort to post at least once a week with some decent content.
In the most recent episode of Points of Interest introduced one of the primary Mastery lines for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.
I really like the idea behind Pact Commander line on several levels:
- Pact Mentor Mastery – a good way to encourage and reward helpful players in assisting fellow players, especially those new to Guild Wars 2.
- Productive Downtime – to help about with forthcoming legendary precursor mastery.
- Supply Line Management – so we spend all that unused karma for nifty new items to craft
- Noblesse Oblige – while I’ve never seen anyone deliberately avoid rezzing a player, I like this one since it may make rezzing a bit quicker and mitigate some of the down penalty/armor damage
- Advanced Logistics – Basically, lots of loot directly to your inventory!
I think all of these are good ways to reward current players and encourage support for new players who may be drawn into the game with the release of Heart of Thorns.
The following video is some of the general play in the demo area for the BWE1. I cut a lot of things out regarding story line and such so to avoid spoiling that aspect of Heart of Thorns. During the demo play there were several glitches, but that’s to be expected in a beta test after all. Most were minor, like graphical errors and such. A few bugs in the event sequences were present, but I suspect most of these was because the sequence chain could not be completed with the limitations of the BWE.
Other events that many of the players I was with that we thought were glitched turned out not to be, they just had to be completed in a certain manner and time. Once this was figured out, most of those events went pretty smoothly.